This poem is about the author walking down memory lane where she finds more clarity in the present, she looks at the past with more objectivity and wisdom born from experience and realizes that life is but a muddle of memories. Being a person with a positive outlook on life she consciously decides to store only those happy ones. Here you join her as she walks down memory lane.
![]() |
| Down The Memory Lane |
Walking down memory lane,
I took the street called past,
Standing at the cross roads,
Where life met confusion last.
I perceive wholesome clarity now,
Where perplexity once reigned,
I see wisdom play,
Where I in ignorance remained.
I observe sorrows past,
Pass me by in haste,
Laughter alone sojourns,
Hurts completely erased.
I reach my street,
Once heavily loaded,
With the good, bad and horrid,
Now with pure happiness stacked.
Joyful scenes in rosy tints,
Welcome me as I return,
Peals of laughter ring out loud,
As my merry songs I hum!
Memories are strange things indeed,
They clump together with speed,
Where past, present and future seamlessly blend,
Where one begins and another ends,
To discern I don’t pretend.
Down The Memory Lane© sofspoetry by sofs
Down The Memory Lane© sofspoetry by sofs

No comments:
Post a Comment